Peppermint ice cream makes this beverage taste—and look—more like a dessert than a punch! “I’ve mixed the sipper many times for ladies’ lunches and buffets,” shares Neva Schnauber of T. Collins, Colorado. “It’s a great way to start a gathering.” For a fun garnish, Neva adds, you can hang mini candy canes around the punch bowl and cups.
- Prep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) strawberry jelly
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
- 2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda. Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda. Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl. Gently stir in jelly mixture. Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls. Garnish with candy canes if desired.
Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 270 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Candy Cane Punch in Country Woman November/December 1999, p28
Photo by: Taste of Home