Christmas isn’t complete without a wreath. Better yet, why not make it a wreath you can eat? A must-have recipe for holiday gatherings, this mini sausage wreath is simple and quick to make and is a marvelous centerpiece for your table of Christmas hors d’oeuvres.
Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls
Red Bell Pepper
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the package of Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls. Drain the liquid off the mini sausages.
2. Unroll the crescent dough and separate at the perforations to create 4 rectangles. Press together the remaining perforation in each rectangle. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lenght-wise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips.
3. Wrap one strip of dough around each mini sausage. Lay out the cresent-wrapped sausages with their sides touching on an ungreased cookie sheet in a circle forming a wreath shape.
4. Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Melt 1/3 cup of butter and brush the butter on tops of the crescent-wrapped sausages. Sprinkle the rosemary on top of the butter.
5. Cut a red bell pepper into a bow shape for garnish. Combine the BBQ sauce and cranberry sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until heated through. Serve with wreath for dipping.