Need Valentine’s Day recipes? Get Valentine’s Day recipes for your next meal from Taste of Home. Taste of Home has Valentine’s Day recipes including Valentine’s Day appetizers, sides, dinners, and more Valentine’s Day recipes.
Make the perfect arrangement for that special person on your valentine list: a dozen candy-covered strawberry roses.
- 12 wooden skewers
- Cotton swab
- Green food coloring
- 12 large strawberries
- 14 ounces of candy melts (we used Wilton brand)
- Fresh mint
- For flower stems, use a cotton swab dipped in green food coloring to tint the wooden skewers. Let them dry (ours took about 2 hours).
- Stem the strawberries, then insert a skewer into each one.
- Heat the candy melts according to the package directions. Dip each strawberry into the melted candy, twirling it to coat it completely.
- Stand the skewers in a vase or tall glass and let the candy harden. Add fresh mint to resemble rose leaves, and keep the bouquet chilled until it’s time to give it to your sweetie.
- Source: familyfun.go.com